Dual Channel = 49,000 errors in Memtest

Status
Not open for further replies.

crew_dawg16

I was recently having problems with my computer crashing and rebooting, but I figured out what was causing it.

When I run Memtest I get 49000 errors when in dual channel mode. If I switch to single channel, I get 0 errors. What could be causing this?

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo with 1GB of Corsair XMS Series RAM matched and paired.

A few reasons

1) Bad SPD on one of the sticks causing timings to become set improperly. Try setting all timings manually, at exactly what the sticks are rated for

2) Your board may not be completely stable at 200mhz + Dual Channel. Although that seems strange to be as I have the same motherboard in dual-channel with 2 x 512mb (1GB) PC3200 DDR. Update your BIOS to the latest revision if you can.

3) Make sure you are using the matched Blue slots. Although, this shouldn't be an issue, it can't hurt to try.

4) Are these 1GB sticks each, or 2 x 512mb? If they are 1GB each, it is possible that the motherboard doesn't support 2GB in that configuration. I don't believe this is a case but it is worth investigating.

5) You have a faulty controller, but it only shows when operating in dual channel mode.

The easiest way to test this is if you can try with another set of sticks and see if you get the same problem...

Ok, I will try to set the timings manually.

I looked in BIOS and they were on Auto, which set them at 2.5T-3-3-8.

The sticks are rated at 2-3-3-6, so I'll try that.

Alright, I tried changing the timings and that didn't do anything by itself. Then I rolled back the BIOS from 1013 to 1008 and it works like a champ. Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back