Dual channel memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question in dual channel memory. The answer is probably here. i just missed it. Anyways i have an Abit IS7 MOBO whit dual channel capability. And so i went and bought a pair of Kinkston Pc3200 Dual channel 512Mb sticks that came together for that reason. So slot 1 and 3 are taken up. If i buy 2 more to put in slot 2 and 4, but a differnt brand (PNY) will i have have dual channel on both kinds of memory, keeping in mind that they are all Pc3200 512Mb for a total of 2 GIGs. or do all the memory have to be the same brand. and also if the new ones (PNY) don't come 2 in a package for dual channel, would it be better to get just one 1 GIG (pny) now having dual channel for the kingston but not for the (PNY) or will that totally shut off the dual channel capabilaty? Thanx for any help. Oh and how do i know if i am even running in dual channel right now. I have a P4, so i can't change the multiplier but my FSB is running at 440 or 960 whatever it is. will that mess up the dual channel process too?

O.K. i found out it is running in dual channel mode witha prg called "HWiNFO32". Just need to know if i can add The (PNY) brand witch i know is cheep but if it comes in pairs it should also have dual channel. if not i hope adding the 1GIG stick of (PNY) will not sut the Dual channel down across the board.

I stated that i read and probably missed the answer, however the link you posted has nothing to do with my question. Just a simple yes or no would be appreciated.

born1974 said:
I stated that i read and probably missed the answer, however the link you posted has nothing to do with my question. Just a simple yes or no would be appreciated.
if he had read the link, it would have answered his question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back