Dual Core Optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halos

Hi, I am a pretty heavy gamer, and I recently built myself a new rig. The new machine is as follows:

XFX Ultra 650i nForce Motherboard
Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.44ghz
2GB g.Skill Ram
GeForce 8600GT

The other night I was playing an MMORPG (Vanguard) and someone mentioned to me that there are programs called Dual Core optimizers. This is my first experience using dual core processors, and from what this person told me using an optimizer would improve my performance greatly. Basically I have two questions.

1) I google'd these optimizers and 99% of them that showed up were AMD based. Are there any out there that are intended for the Core2's? If so are there any suggestions that you guys have for me on particularly reliable/good ones?

2) Will the difference that I see from using this program be worth the time?

I play other games as well (F.E.A.R., CS:S, Oblivion, NWN2, etc.) but really 80-90% of my computer time is spent playing Vanguard. This game is very demanding as far as system specs go and I've really been trying to get the best out of my system for the game. As of right now in an open area I run about 50-60 FPS, towns I get about 25, and dungeons seem to be a complete variable (although I think this is a software problem on their end as they are working on optimization of the game) but in a good dungeon scenario I am getting roughly 40FPS.

Thanks ahead of time guys.

Optimizing a multiprocessor is DIFFICULT! I've worked with major main frame systems
and you need a lot of information over several weeks to do the job right.

My advise is to NOT fuss with it and let the system manage itself.

Thanks jobeard. That's kind of what I was thinking but the person I was talking to made it sound like a breeze. I'll leave it how it is as I've been happy with my performance as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back