Dual Ddr

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey got a ASUS P4R800-V motherboard
3.0ghz P4 cpu
1.0gb ram
nivida geforce 5700 le 256mb
My question is i have dual channal ddr slots i have 512 in DIMM_A1(blue) and another in DIMM_B1(blue) total 1.0gb i got another 512 and put it into DIMM_A2(black) start up screen mem check 1.5gb ok loads up windows progams start crashing take DIMM_A2 out works fine thought ram was bad tryed in freinds comp that doesent have dual and runs good do i need another 512 to put into DIMM_B2(black)??

On Intel based machines, you always had to have a pair for dual-channel ( Intel machines as of current only have dual-channel linear mode memory - single huge data chunks ala RAID_0 like configs. In comparison to Nvidia or AMD which are more advance crossbar controllers, that would do dual-channel linear mode as Intel did or additional aggregate mode which needed not identical pairings).

More than one pair being used depending upon the mobo makers.

I don't have your exact mobo to know if it would do more than one pair, identical or not identical pairings. But I do know 3 dimms would never worked because it is an Intel based machine.

Is it that hard to RTFM ?

memoryconfiguration3wy.png

You cannot install 3 memory modules & furthermore, if you're using PC3200 Ram you can only use one module per channel (2 modules in all).

if i have all 4 channels full it would only be singel channel ram not dual? but i cant put 4 pc3200 in. what kind of ram could i use to fill the black slots

You can have all 4 slots populated as long as you use PC2100/PC2700 Ram. If you have all 4 slots populated with PC3200 Ram, you will probably have stability problems.

can i have pc3200 in 1 slot in channel 1 and 2700 in the ohter slot in channel1
and same 4 other side too?
or should i just buy two of these kits
KINGSTON DDR NON-ECC PC2700 CL2.5 KVR333X64C25K2/1G 1024MB (KIT OF 2) MEMORY 333MHZ

If your CPU has a 200mhz (800) FSB, it needs dual channel PC3200 to work properly. You can either install 2 PC3200 modules of 512mb or if you want more ram, you will have to find a pair of 1GB PC3200 modules.

You can install as many pairs of PC2700 ram as you want but like I said, you might have a performance impact by doing so.

PC2700ram with 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB compatibility

Hi,

I too have a P4R800-V deluxe board. currenlty running on the following spec

Intel 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB processor
Kingston KVR400X64C3A/1G 2 pcs (making 2GB)
2 ATA-133 Seagate 200GB on the IDE Raid (0,1)
O/S is windows XP

was told that's the max I can go at the above current above memory.

Howerver I would like to achieve max 4GB and a search at Kingston website listed KVR333X64C25K2/2G able to push it to max 4GB.
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...luxe+Motherboard&distributor=0&submit1=Search

My question will current Intel 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB processor able to match with
KVR333X64C25K2/2G (2 kit with made up 4 GB) ?

Any advice on this?

Many thanks
TWK

memory ram in all 4 slot - PC2700

Hi,

Today I fill up all 4 slot with Kingston KVR333X64X25K2/2G (1 GB each)

system able to running for couples of hours around 6. I did a few reboot and shutdown during the 6hrs testing and in one ocassion the O/S crashes when I start up the system.

Showing
\windows\system32\config\system

i did repair using the recovery console
chkdsk /P it tells me cannot runs.

now dun know how to proceed. Anyone got any idea?

Many Thanks
Tan

There is a QVL, and some DDR400 will work in all four. Thay are all SS, so no 512s will work. Two 512s should be most stable. Specs say 2gig of ddr400, but there is no qualified venders!(maybe two 1gig strips?)

Onboard video messes up with memory. If you have a card, disable onboard video and use it, see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back