Dual Monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I'm having problems linking up 2 of my monitors.(Samsung SyncMaster 913n 19") I've got a Radeon9700pro graphics card with VGA and DVI outputs. The monitor on the left in the screenshot is running off the normal vga connection. The problem is the monitor on the right which just seems to display everything with a "pee" coloured yellow all over. Everything else works fine, it works as an extended desktop through all the windows settings.
I've tried swapping the monitors and plugs to make sure it wasn't an obvious hardware fault but everything seems to be ok. I've re-installed all drivers etc and made sure refresh rates and other settings are acceptable! If anyone can help, thanks

samsung.jpg

So if you put the other monitor on the DVI port, you also get the yellow coloration ? Have you tried using a single monitor on the DVI port ? If they still have that yellow problem it could be a problem with the card's DVI port.

hmm my monitor turned yellow for a second when i was fiddling around at the back of my computer, it was because one of the adaptors was loose, make sure everything is securely fitted.

at college there is a monitor like that, we tried making sure the cables where fitted okay... swapped the monitor to another pc, and it was still the same.... turns out the monitor was just duff in some way.... is there anyway you can get a replacement?

thanks for the quick reply guys, I've tried swapping the monitors and my original goes yellow on the DVI, and the new one is fine on the normal VGA, so i assume the monitor itself isn't a duff!
As for the DVI port on the card, is there any diagnostic tools or anyway of testing it??? a replacement gfx card sounds a bit extreme at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back