Dual Xeon 3040

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm1286

I want some opinions of the idea of getting two Xeon 3040 and a server motherboard to make one hell of a powerfull machine. Bad idea or one that could be very fast

By saying I want opinions I mean somewhat knowledgeable ones aka ones that know that the Xeon 3040 is a dual core

Now I stand corrected since my theory of this great computer cant really exist sone the conroe Xeon processor isnt socket 771 but actually 775. Since no one makes a dual socket 775 there really is no way to put two 3040 in the same computer sorry for the wild goose chase.

cm1286 said:
By saying I want opinions I mean somewhat knowledgeable ones aka ones that know that the Xeon 3040 is a dual core

What are you saying? He obviously knows what he is talking about if he is replying, and he is also right by the way.

Um he isnt right Xeon 3040 is a dual core processor so two of them would equate toso mething like the Mac Pro that has 4 processing cores in two seperate processors clearly four cores is better then 2 cores

Thanks finest I saw that a read a lot of it good to see u got ur cookie I never saw any of the benchmarks those guys did can u tell me if they ever did post any results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back