Duel Display cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldogg

I'm looking for a new graphic card, and I wan't one that will support 2 monitors, not 1 monitor and 1 tv. I saw a review for an ATI radeon that has duel monitor capabilities, but are there any Geforce 4s that can do that? Or is it possible to hook up an additional pci card for a second monitor?

Yes to both, ATI has Radeon models that have dual head and also some models have a VGA and DVI plug with an adapter so you can hook two monitors up. Matrox also makes dual head cards as do NVidia, the Quadro line has some models that support mulitple monitors.

The question is : what do you intend to do with it ?

If you're just looking for good 2D you might as well go for a G450 or a G550 Matrox card. They have very good 2D & their DualView drivers are very mature ( not to mention that the cards themselves are pretty cheap right now ).

ATI also supports DualView on certain cards & thier DVD playback is definitly the best on PC systems. nVIDIA has had DualView since teh GF2MX cards but it's only now that they have flexible DualView drivers ( nVIEW ).

If you're into gaming, you might want to look at the new GF4 cards ( Visiontek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti4600 & Ti4400 review @ 3DS ). Most of the GF4 cards ( I'm not talking about the MX line ) has Analog Out, TV Out & DVI Out. You can purchase a DVI to Analog adaptor & plug two regular screens to that card.

See which one better suits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back