Duel Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Loin

I was reading somewhere that some guy installed two processors, is this possible, and where on the MoBo would you put a second processor?

there are plenty dual cpu mobo, theres even a 754 and a 939 dual socket mobo so if u cant aford a 939 proccesor now you can easily upgrade later.

gasstronamicle said:
there are plenty dual cpu mobo, theres even a 754 and a 939 dual socket mobo so if u cant aford a 939 proccesor now you can easily upgrade later.
False. Only Opterons 2xx CPUs can run in dual CPU configurations. Socket-939 CPUs are scheduled to be upgraded to dual "CORE" CPUs sometime around the end of this year. There's a difference.

It's the same as the AthlonXP (K7) board which allows you to upgrade to a Socket-754 CPU later on. They can only run one CPU at a time which does not qualify as a DUAL CPU CONFIGURATION.

Didou said:
False. Only Opterons 2xx CPUs can run in dual CPU configurations. Socket-939 CPUs are scheduled to be upgraded to dual "CORE" CPUs sometime around the end of this year. There's a difference.
u said only opertrons.. you were proven wrong. i never siad there were 939 or 754 dual mobo. i said theres a mobo with a 939 socket adna 754 socket :haha:
there are dual socket 940 mobos

Originally Posted by gasstronamicle
there are plenty dual cpu mobo, theres even a 754 and a 939 dual socket mobo
Your statement is false for it says that they are dual cpu mobo including one with socket-754 & socket-939. I only mentionned Opteron because it is the only current AMD CPU capable of SMP. Anyone knows (or should know) that SMP boards existed even before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back