Dv Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojam

HI.
a while ago i bought a dv cam, a centrios 3.2 mghz dvc/mpeg4 DV Camcorder. It came with a USB cord and a power supply and SD card both of which i bought seperately. Now since day one, any computer i install the Drivers/software on, doesnt detect the camera as being plugged in.. It gives simple instructions each of which i follow, and yet i am unable to be successful in connecting the camera to be able to transfer videos and pictures. The only thing i am stuck with now is the SD card and a card reader, and i have slowly become more and more disappointed. It is not detected nor does a baloon pop up or anything. NOthing happens. Even when i use the storage function on the camera it says please connect to a computer, and yet that screen remains on even when i connect, and nothing on my computer screen shows anything. its like the USB port isnt even being used. Please, if someone coukld please help me out. I wanna be able to onnect and transfer without the hassle of using the card then removing the card and putting it in a card reader. It has become too much of a hassle. Please help me out. I will appreciate anything.

Can you connect via firewire 4pin or 6pin. I had a panasonic dv but was never able to get it recognized via USB. But it did work with firewire.

well. i have a firewire port for my computer, i dont know if my DV cam has one because it doesnt come with a firewire wire(lol), unless the usb port doubles as a firewire port. I actually dont really have the time to get a firewire, sorta urgent so if theres any 3rd party driver i need or anything could someone please help

Firewire has many names, such other common names are "Info" with a symbol "i", or 1394. I assume you have tried to connect to your dvcam while you have the software that came with it open? Try different USB ports, cables, or maybe switch the camera into playback mode or something. See if this resolves anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back