DVD burner failed Vista min. req. test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran System Requirements Lab to test my computer running Vista Ultimate x64. It passed all hardware & software requirements tested except for my DVD burner and gave my system a failing grade because of it.
Seems to make sense to me since I've had a lot of problems running games that have been freezing and crashing (BSOD)
I'm not sure if it might be other issues causing these problems...i,e. GPU, changing OP system to Vista, Oc'ing CPU or over heating.
So apperantely it's telling me I need to upgrade my DVD burner (NEC DVD_RW ND - 2510A ATA Device, approx 4yrs old), so I thought to start there.
If this is the case I would be looking to replace it with a good quality DVD burner and would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations that would be compatible with Vista x64.

Thxxxxxx ..........:)

MySys: E6600@3.0GHz ..ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ..FOXCONN 8800GTX OC ..4GB Corsair DDR2 800 PC2-6400 ..OCZ GameXstream 700w PSU ..Zalman CNPS9500 ..WD Raptor 150G ..WD 200G SATA 7200 ..LG 20.1 widescreen LCD ..Logitech Z-5300 5.1 ..Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS ..Saitek Eclipse ..G7 Laser ..Vista Ultimate x64

A 4 year-old burner needs to be replaced. Any new combo burner will work fine under Vista. You can spend as little as $30 for a simple CD/DVD burner or as much as $300 for Blu-Ray compatiblity. It's your choice. Make sure you have installed all the Vista updates too. There are some 50 or 60 at this time

Tmagic650 said:
A 4 year-old burner needs to be replaced. Any new combo burner will work fine under Vista. You can spend as little as $30 for a simple CD/DVD burner or as much as $300 for Blu-Ray compatiblity. It's your choice. Make sure you have installed all the Vista updates too. There are some 50 or 60 at this time

Thxxxx for the info.....I thought the burner was a bit long in the tooth once I changed over to Vista. I was looking around online and came across 3 DVD burners that I thought would work well as a replacement. An ASUS, a LITE-ON and a Pioneer, all in the 30 - 40 dollar price range that recieved good reviews. All Vista updated are current so I should be ok in that area.

Looks like I'll be shopping for a new one.....Thanks again for the reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back