Dvd Burner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
Not the most intelligent creature with computers but I have a problem. I can burn Dvds ok but wont play on anything, standalone or PC. The laptop is an Acer 1363 if that makes any difference. I have reformatted C drive twice as I thought some spyware may have done this (happened before) but still no joy. Tried different makes of media.

Burns CD fine and vcd as well. Any thoughts, desperate???? Thanks in advance

What process are you using to burn the DVD's? What software are you using? What's the source (i.e. DVD movie, AVI)?

JMMD said:
What process are you using to burn the DVD's? What software are you using? What's the source (i.e. DVD movie, AVI)?

By process I assume you mean on what media and how. DVD+R as I always have (different makes) and I mainly use NERO 6 and DVD SANTA. Source can be DVD themsleves or AVI or DIVX.

I have had a problem before this and managed to get it sorted by reformatting C drive but that does not seem to make any difference now. I have the feeling it is still a virus or something similar....Thanks for taking the time to try help as I am really not that clever...

Forgotten to add that whenever I use either Nero or dvd santa it goes through the normal re encoding and burning process, tells me it is done but wont play in PC or standalone. I have a great collection of coasters but ot much else. Used to work great.

Ok i have some past experience about this, I hope not to disappoint you but I had this problem before and first I learned the hard way that there's a lot of incompatibility problems with DVD+R media, specially for older DVD players, and I also had problems with some DVD-burners like Memorex, Emprex, Toshiba, somehow they burn DVD's succesfully but never play on any DVD player, and I was using Nero, Clone DVD, DVD Xcopy, DVD Santa all gave me tha same problems, when I switched to DVD-R and A Pionner Burner my problem ends and been so happy since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back