DVD burner will reconize DVD+R but not DVD-R media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Micro Advantage DVD+- RW drive and it will not read DVD-R media in the drive. It will read DVD's, write CD's and write DVD+R media but will not reconize that there is a DVD-R blank media in the drive. I had Memorex media and went out and bought Maxell to see if it just didn't like the Memorex. I know that Micro Advantage is out of bussiness and so getting software updates from their website is not going to happen. I did update the software to the Aopen DUW 1608/arr software and that did not work. The drive is set up as the master and my DVD rom is the slave with the pins in their respective places. Is this drive done or is there hope? Any help would be great!
Thanks, Jim

Thank you!

Thank you so much for the info. I did go out and bought a new DVD burner but kept the old one because it still read DVD's and CD's. If I down load and install this update how do I make sure it goes to the right drive? Thanks in advance. Jim

Just put the cd with the flash software on it and navigate to it if it doesn't open up automatically.. Double click the flash file and it will only flash the drive it was made for.

Ok, thanks. I updated the software and the drive still isn't reading the media. I think the drive is just junk. I'm just going to use it for reading media that has already been written to and use my new burner for just that. Thank you for your time and effort, I think I just have a junk burner.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back