DVD Burning problems/ Nero 6.0/ Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run Windows XP Service pack 2, with Nero OEM Version 6 and when I burn a DVD, the burner goes through the burning process and says the disc was created successfully, (this is with both Nero and DVD Shrink) and then when I put the disc in my computer it says the disc is blank, and when I put it into a DVD player it says disc error. Then when I put the disc in the computer and use Nero's Disc Info tool, it usually says something along the lines of:

DVD Session
Session 01 (4,89 MB)
Track 01: 0 4,595,808 KB, Data

It doesn't always say this exacly, the size of the data usually varies. I have contacted Nero about this, and they can't seem to figure out the problem. But, like I said, it doesn't always do this. Some disc's are created successfully, but it seems more often then not, I have this problem. I never burn in simulation mode, so I know that can't be the problem. I was thinking that some DVD's may have certain copyright protection that may be causing it, but I don't see how because if a disc is copy-right protected the Nero software would just say so and not make me waste a disc to find out. If anyone has had similar problems or can help me out with this I would be FOREVER GREATFUL to you.
Thanks for your time,
Christy

ok what you need to do is download the patch from nero http://www.nero.com and what kind of media are you using? and also can you tell me what the drive is? if you use cheap dvd's then you will get cheap results! is the DVD copy-protected? because it won't copy it succesfully if it is copy protected.

It's a CyberHome DX162D DVD Writer. I usually use Fujifilm dvd-r's, or Imation dvd-r's, but I have tried other brands like Maxell, Memorex, and Sony. I've tried burning many DVD's and some of them probably were copyright protected, but I would think the Nero software simply wouldn't burn it in that case.

try burning a dvd that isn't copy protected and see if it works. you can change the settings in nero where it won't copy a protected disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back