DVD Decrypter/Shrink Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having problems with both DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink lately. I've recently been backing up my dvd collection with my new HP dvd 840e and was at first not experiencing any problems. I was ripping with Decrypter and then compressing and burning with DVDShrink. However all of a sudden my computer restarts itself when I activate either of these programs. Sometimes at soon as I click on them, other times as soon as I am in the middle of running them. I've run Ad-aware, CCleaner, SpyBot, etc. and my computer itself is just fine. I'm looking for some insight on why this might be happening. Thanks in advance.

Any recent hardware or software changes? The only thing I can think of thats common is they both probe the cd/dvd drives, so if there is some software conflict, or if the power supply can't handle the extra load of spinning up a drive.. its likely software issue.

No new software or hardware that I can think of really. The burner itself is the newest hardware, and the programs are the newest software. They were working just fine for a few days. What kind of software problem could it be? When the computer restarts I hear sort of a "click" from the back of the cpu tower.

zimma0320 said:
I seem to be having problems with both DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink lately. I've recently been backing up my dvd collection with my new HP dvd 840e and was at first not experiencing any problems. I was ripping with Decrypter and then compressing and burning with DVDShrink. However all of a sudden my computer restarts itself when I activate either of these programs. Sometimes at soon as I click on them, other times as soon as I am in the middle of running them. I've run Ad-aware, CCleaner, SpyBot, etc. and my computer itself is just fine. I'm looking for some insight on why this might be happening. Thanks in advance.

I have an NEC Combo CD/DVD burner and a Lite-On DVD ROM. I place the DVD to be copied in the DVD ROM. The NEC has the blank DVD. I open DVD Shrink 3.2 and I open the disc. After the analysis is complete I select Burn. A box opens:

Select Backup Target
ISO Image file with DVD Decrypter

Select Target Image File
C:\image name. ISO

Are you setup like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back