DVD Drive (E:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

me(who else?)

I recently tried to set up a virtual drive..and it worked! My problem is that now the (virtual) drive has been replaced with what appears to be a second DVD-ROM drive. :confused:

When I right click on it to see what it is it says that the device is called "Generic DVD-ROM Scsi CdRom device"? it claims to be a second DVD-Rom drive. I currently have a laptop with just one DVD/CD-RW drive and a 40gig HD. This isn't pressing, but it's kinda strange.

That is how virtual drives work they convince the system they are a real drive.

It can't be...it says that there is no disk inserted! Not to mention that I assigned it the name Z: . I don't get how it would think it's a DVD drive? Maybe it's just me!

you have to mount images onto virtual drives in order or them to work.

regardless that you choose Z most virtual drives will simply take the next available drive letter. and it showing as a DVD drive is not uncommon.

so unless you have another drive showing up there with the letter Z then the new E drive is your virtual drive.

If you want to get rid of it, just load up your software you used to load it and 'unmount it' This should take it out of My Computer.

I used the DOS command they detail in they showed in the post "How to Mount a Folder as a Directory". I don't know how to reverse the command. Help?

What virtual drive software is it?

They usually have an option to disable it but not uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back