dvd drive not recognised any more, can n e 1 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xplsivchocolate

my pcs been fine up until now but for some resaon now, both the dvd rom AND the dvd r/rw aren't been recogised anymore.

I went to device manager and there was a yellow circle with an exclamation mark next to each of the drives.

When I went into their properties it sed...

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

I went through all of troubleshootin and nothin worked, and i cant find the drivers on da web.

the drives are...

NEC DVD RW ND-1300A
SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-816B

Can n e one help me, id be eternally greatful if ne one could

cheers,

xplsivchocolate

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go into your device manager, and uninstall both drives.

Reboot your system and let Windows redetect them. If that doesn`t work post back.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Samsung DVD drives made in the late '90's, especially those in eMachines, had a VERY high failure rate.

same prob but diff device

i'm experiencing the exact problem but my device is Lite-On SOHC 5235K SCSI / LTC-48161H

the computer knows the drives are there

After I uninstall the drivers and then add new hardware, the computer detects them and then it says there is an error

does this help?

I'd be very much interested to know if there really is a solution to this problem (short of reinstalling the operating system - Windows XP, I guess?).

I've had a few people contact me with this very same problem; I suggested they remove the drives from the system configuration and reboot (as was suggested above), but to no avail.

My next suggestion was, to remove all references to the drives from the registry; there was one person brave enough to try this, but it didn't help either.

In the end, I had to tell them that I was out of inspiration, and starting from a fresh install was the only further remedy I could think of. :( That didn't really make them all too happy, but at least, it solved the problem.

re installing the operating system seems like the right thing to do, but how can I do it if the restoring stuff all on the cds I got with my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back