dvd drive won't format discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate39

I can't seem to format blank dvd disks. I have Incd installed but the format option is grayed out. Is there some trick with dvds? I have written things with cds, what about dvds? thanks

Nate;
What version of Nero?Is this a new Install?
Check out the bottom of Vega's post .That info helps the guys to help solve your problem.You can put that info in your Profile.
You probably need to update Nero there is a new and very large update for Ver6.
Also is there an update for the firmware on your burner?
Did you try media recommended for your Burner?

thanks for the info. I will check out vega's post when I get a chance. My son in law said that nero doesn't work well. He told me to use roxio and it would probably solve the problem. It did for him anyway. I think that I upgraded nero when I installed it about a month ago, but I will check. thanks

Nate.. a word of caution do some homework before loading another authoring program to your machine .
Nero and Roxio are some of the best there is but if not set up right you could find yourself re-installing XP very soon.
That is why we asked you so many questions .(that you did not answer)
We'll be here if you need us.

Sorry I haven't answered many questions. I haven't had much time of late to work on this problem. I updated Nero and InCD yesterday, but it didn't help. I see that I can format a rw dvd but no option for a rdvd. I haven't seen where I can add a signiture. But I have a pretty good system. I imagine it is a software issue, thanks

You will not see a format option for a dvd-/+r is because these are write once media the authoring software prepares this media when it is written to it.
The good news is if you can format RW media then Nero must be working at least to some degree.
Do not apologize for being busy ,we all are.If you have more questions ,someone will be around,whenever.

LNC...
I am one of them .I used Roxio about 6 years ago and was forever frustrated. It may be better now, but once Nero is set up correctly it Flys. Also there are enough tools to help configure and/or install cleanly.You do need some patience if it does not .
I have found ,if you read up on their FAQ support issues and clean out (completely) previous authoring software(They have a tool for this) Installation has been a snap on a number of different types of macnines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back