DVD files from a Sony Handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daner

I dont really know where to put this but i have a small problem with a Sony handycam DVD.... i can play directly from the small CD but when i want the movie on my computer it does it in a weird way... i copied the folder called VIDEO_TS and checked the files.. i expected a single media player file but found several files. Files like IFO, BUP and VOB... is there any way i can "melt" the files together to a single media player file?

thank you

Daner said:
I dont really know where to put this but i have a small problem with a Sony handycam DVD.... i can play directly from the small CD but when i want the movie on my computer it does it in a weird way... i copied the folder called VIDEO_TS and checked the files.. i expected a single media player file but found several files. Files like IFO, BUP and VOB... is there any way i can "melt" the files together to a single media player file?

thank you

The files are the components of a DVD movie and to play them you can use a program such as Power DVD or Windvd on your PC, simply run the program and point it to the folder where you have your files, In Power DVD you have to change from Disk to Folder mode as for Windvd I havent used it but I think it may well be similar.

Or you can use a conversion program to change them to an AVI or MPEG file, these are freely available on the web.

Daner said:
ok thanks for the help! :D

do you know any programs i could use?

Just do a Google on DVD to AVI converter, there are many some free, some paid for, some quick some slow, I don't personally recommend any, I'll leave that open to a TS wizard, as I dont use them myself.

Good Luck

"DVD2AVI" is what you need it's a good free one and works well in conjunction with "Vfapi convert" and "Virtual Dub".

all i want is to upload my first video from my first sonyhandycam i'm sure you're all real proud of yourself and services etc. etc. so far i have nothing positive to say about this site. i have to register become a member and still jump hurdles to get simple instrutions, how to upload a video to a PC ?? What's your problem, afraid i might get away without getting scewed ??

Hi

Good lord man the help you need is in the posts above,,,

But as your being thick i'll explain it in laymans terms

DVD uses a structure called VOB files programs such as powerDVD and WinDVD can play these files as they are designed to interpret VOB files.

To play the files on a program such as windows media player you need to convert them to a file type that WMP recognises.

DVD2AVI is one such program, you simply point it to the list of VOB files and then follow the instructions and convert it to an AVI or MPG file, this will then play on WMP

It couldnt be any simpler.

By the way its free to use this site and as for getting screwed well if thats what you want fine i'll report your post to the site manager and have you banned, then your screwed.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back