DVD not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a problem and im hoping someone out there might be able to help because i know squat.

Some DVDs are recognised and I can play them through my computer but when others are inserted and i try to open them it asks me to insert a disc clearly failing to recognise that there it a disc already inserted. From my very limited knowledge I thought this might be a driver problem am I anywhere close to being right? What else could be the problem?

Thankyou anyone who can shed any light on my horrible horrible problem

Matt :mad:

Hi rick,
No they arn't copied, for example I have the boxed set of Back to the future films they have all played on the computer before but none of them work now. The DVDs are not scratched at all and play fine on other DVD players. I have no problem with CDs it's just being temperamental with DVDs

Matt

Sounds like dust inside the player then. I dont know how good you are at opening things up but i recon thats what it needs. There are usually 2 metal bars that the laser lens moves up and down on, you heed to check the ends of them for dirt. Im fairly sure that that is the cause because it works ok with cds which have a smaller read surface therefore the lens doesnt need to travel as far.

Thats ok, anytime. Be careful you dont loose any small parts and do a drawing of it if that helps. Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Took it appart.......................................... lost some bits........................found them and cleaned well, put back together.......................... worked for 5mins then stopped again.
BUMMER
lol im just gonna buy another drive.
thanks for your help
matt

Probably the best thing to do, if it only worked for 5mins then its probably worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back