DVD+ or DVD- Blank Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzer9535

Im just about to burn a DVD and I have bought both plus and minus DVDRW discs and I would really like to know the difference between the two in plain English.

Also I bought this DVD Burner "linky", so what type of blank media should I use?

Also I have this DVD player Link Opens in PDF I would wish to play the burned DVD on so would this make a difference to what type of disks I should get?

Any help would be fab as my head hurts, lol.

Besides the difference in circuitry built with in the DVDs themselves, which are made in up of seven layers,I believe.

DVD type Name
Single sided, single layer DVD-5
Single sided, dual layer DVD-9
Double sided, single layer DVD-10
Double sided, dual layer DVD-18

The DVD-R and DVD+R are recordables, not rewritables

The DVD+RW and DVD+RW are obviously the opposite

I use DVD+R for storing data on and use the multisesstion option to burn data later, I find RW faulty, in my experiences

The DVD±R does both

smore9648 said:
Besides the difference in circuitry built with in the DVDs themselves, which are made in up of seven layers,I believe.

DVD type Name
Single sided, single layer DVD-5
Single sided, dual layer DVD-9
Double sided, single layer DVD-10
Double sided, dual layer DVD-18

The DVD-R and DVD+R are recordables, not rewritables

The DVD+RW and DVD+RW are obviously the opposite

I use DVD+R for storing data on and use the multisesstion option to burn data later, I find RW faulty, in my experiences

The DVD±R does both

Cheers that clears that up quite nicely, now all I need is.....

To encode some avi files to mpeg2/DVD and was wondering if anyone had some good freeware that they use and could post a link as I have looked at loads and the best I have seen is ConvertXtoDVD but it isnt free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back