DvD player not reading ''Farcry'' disc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, hope all is well!

I have recently bought a new laptop, and I have watched dvd's, listened to music and burned both cdr and dvd and not had a problem until yesterday when i bought Farcry the game, dvd read only. I insert the disc and the dvd player fires up and starts trying to read the disc, this takes about 10mins before the computer ejects the disc and a message appears saying 'Insert disc into disc drive E:. I have taken the game back to the shop assuming there is a fault with the disc but the guy tested it there in front of me and it fired up and prompted install.

Can anyone please help, I am fairly new to computers.
Cheers

Can you go into My Computer, then right click on the disc (drive E: ) and select "explore" from the drop-down menu? You should be able to see the contents of the DVD there, and if you can do this you'll be able to install it that way by clicking on setup

I thought I'd mention it. I'm sure someone here on techspot will have the answer if it doesn't help! :)

Cheers anyway

Cheers mate but I fear it may be a little more complicated than that. When i do that it continues the try and read the disc but then just ejects and says to insert disc!

You can try uninstalling & reinstalling the Drive - maybe DMA isn't working?

Go to Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager , find the IDE Controllers, right click on the Secondary, select Uninstall.

Reboot and Windows if forced to discover and install the Channel and Drive.

You've got nothing to lose and it often helps.

If it is just that disk, it might be related to copy protection on the disk. Do you have any drive emulation tools installed like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%. Sort of a shot in the dark there, and I've not heard of a problem like yours, but I have heard of games not wanting to run if either of those 2 are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back