DVD plays but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimFast

I tried to play a Genuine DVD (No illegal copies, real DVD I bought or rent) on my PC and it plays with no sound.

I tried playing it on Windows media player, Quicktime, Real player, PowerDVD and a few other dvd players but all of them plays the movie with no sound. The only media player that played the movie with sound was VLC.

I tried to play it on my laptop and it plays perfectly with all the other media players I named above.

Any ideas why there is no sound on all the other players? I have downloaded all the known codecs (as far as I know)

Thank you very much!

Uninstall PowerDVD reboot, reinstall PowerDVD, try again. VLC brings its own codecs to the table. If you've been downloading codec packs that is probably the source of your problem, something is conflicting. PowerDVD will install a mpeg2 decoder for the DVDs and it should be accessable by other media playing applications.

well I've started downloading codecs after it not working... I only have divx/xvid, flv and vlc codecs...

I'll try to do what you suggested and come back with more info.

thanks

DVD is mpeg2, so divx/xvid and flv won't do anything. VLC has its own set and doesn't share them.

I uninstalled PowerDVD, rebooted and reinstalled it and it now works perfectly on PowerDVD and AVS DVD.

But still doesn't work on windows media player (windows media player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. try installing an updated driver for your video card) but I guess that's ok as long as the sound works on powerdvd, I can deal with it :)

thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back