Dvd region issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here so I hope I'm not asking a question that has been answered a hundred times, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

I have a dell with the NEC dvd burner and am using windows media player and media center edition to play my dvds. I selected one click dvd as my copying software and am pleased with it's performance and ease.

so on to my problem: I can copy dvd's and play them once burned to a blank dvd, but I am having trouble playing them off of my hard drive. I was trying to make a dvd library on the hard drive, but the region problem keeps popping up when I try to read some of my dvd copies. Some work, but some don't. I have been using anydvd, nvidia dvd decrypter, dvd43, and dvd region + CSS free, but with out luck.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

Freddy B

Yes, I've tried powerdvd, and one other, but the problem is the same. It only happens on a couple of movies too, and it is intermittent on some. I'm basically wondering if there is a better region free (css doesn't seem to be the problem) program that is compatible with the windows media player and media center editions.

I can copy fine, it's just that I can't play from the file on my hard drive, but if I burn it to CD it works fine. The decrypters don't give you the option for dectrypting files, they just work for the dvd drive.

This may seem trivial, but it hampers my ability to create a dvd library on an external hard drive instead of burning an **** load of DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back