DVD RW Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using an Acer Aspire 3000 with a Pioneer DVD RW DVR-K15RA. It was working fine until I downloaded Cucusoft MPEG to DVD converter. It somehow clobbered by DVD player and now it won't play, let alone, burn DVDs. Can anyone please help me fix it so that it can play and burn DVDs again.

Thanks,
Bill

I thought I did that without success. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and hardware without success. I stepped through the XP help and it suggested that I needed to reinstall the DVD decoder, but that is another mystery.

DVD Crach

Tedster said:
restore your DVD drivers to trhe original settings.
I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it doesn't find a the driver for the DVD RW and only installs a CD ROM driver. Any suggestions on where I might find a driver at? Thanks!

They both use the same driver which comes from your Windows OS.

Instead of checking the optical drives themselves, instead check the IDE controllers in the device manager. Go to Device Manager and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and check the channels to which the optical drives are installed. If any show PIO mode instead of DMA or UDMA, you've found the problem. Uninstall the applicable channel, reboot and let Windows reinstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back