Dvd-rw Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfi

HELP my DVD-RW doesn't want to burn dvd's no more but he can still read them and also read and burn cd's :(

It's a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S can someone help me PLEASE PLEASE :blackeye:

Sounds like the drive is going bad. they don`t last forever, especially if it`s been used a lot for burning dvd`s.

It might be time to buy another dvd burner.

Regards Howard :)

Sounds like the drive is going bad. they don`t last forever, especially if it`s been used a lot for burning dvd`s.

Don't think so, CD works.

You can try to remove your Primary/secondary/busmaster IDE controllers in the system panel. It fixed a lot of problems with a lot of my CD drives.

What happens more specifically, is it at least trying to burn the disc or you just get an error message before it even tries to burn?

CD lasers and the DVD lasers are different. The light
from a DVD laser has a wavelength of 640 nanometers where the light from a
CD laser is 780 nanometers. The smaller DVD laser wavelength allows it to
focus on the smaller pits in the DVD disk. Thus, accounting for the
increase in storage capacity.

It is entirely possible that elfi`s dvd drive is bad on the dvd burning side.

Doh! I even know that...

Yay, 4 lasers.

Actually, IIRC, CD-RW uses DVD wavelength(There's a long simple text on harman/kardon's website telling why some DVD players only read CDRW as CD formats)

But I don't know if players reading CD & CDRW have different lasers.

well when i want to burn it tells me that the dvd is full, but when i put in a dvd film or just an datadvd in it it reads it fine
Just when you click on the burn icon of Nero 7 it just spit it out telling me it full or not writable

Try using a different brand of dvd media for burning.

Can you try a different burning programme? If you can. Do you still get the same results?

If so. It`s likely your dvd burner needs replacing.

well when i want to burn it tells me that the dvd is full

Sometimes, with Nero, I have similar problems. I don't remember if the trick is to insert the disc before you start a new project or if you have to insert it only when it's asking to. You could try with "CDBurner XP Pro" also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back