dvd rw problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcdrummaster

I have a problem with my dvd rw, it reads dvd's fine but i can't copy them. When i open device manager it says i have these drives below, but i only have the first two, i haven't got any scsi devices, my two drives are connected using IDE cables. I'm using Nero and Clond cd. (Win XP)

LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109
AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
NERO IMAGEDRIVE2 SCSI CdRom Device

Any help would be great,
thanx
kelv.

There is copyright protection on dvds (encryption). That will not allow you to make copys of dvd. Now if you're not trying to burn a retail movie dvd. You're burner might be shot, or you have a bad dive to begin with. Also if you are trying to burn dvds using 3d party software, it doesn't always byepass encryption.

No it has nothing to do with encription cause i cant copy anything, photo's, home made clips etc. The drive is only a year old. I've just discovered it doesn't copy cd's aswell as dvd's.

dvd rw

the issue can be with the drive or with teh device drivers . as u say there are no scczi drives , the issue seems to be with the drivers,-- please let me know if the drive is seen in my computer correctly. this is a windows issue andd if there is some other software which can be sued o burn cds , I kno music mach can cause issues with drives drivirs, also it would be helpul if you could let me know the system you have .......
we can right click and disable the driives is device manager, then uninstall the DVD rw drive , remove the upper and lower filters in windows for the drive (dont try filters unless u are sure what you are doing , a single mistake can lead to os reinstall ) I can send a link for the filters.
And after removing the filters restart the computer, the windows will check al lthe drives an install only the DVVD ROM and the DVDRW dirves .

we can fix this in case the drive is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back