DVD-RW that seems to work but doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkroks

hi i got an MSI DVD-RW DR8-A internal drive. I have tried to burn some software and videos and pics etc onto both DVD-R and RW discs. it will write the disc, say burn completed successfully but then if i insert the disc afterwards or if i lend it to a friend the disc is unreadable. sometimes it will show the contents but you try to open the files and there is an error.

another time i wrote some files to a disc, it worked on my pc but not on any other pcs. now i am using nero as i got the burner with nero (and nero wont use any other burners except the DR8-A), but i dono if it is a prob with the hardware, the software or what? any help please

I dono wat you mean by 'haven't given a lot of clues' but the details of the burner are below:

MSI DVD ±R, ±RW DR8-A Internal Atapi DVD-ReWriter
8x DVD+R Writing
4x DVD+RW Writing
4x DVD-R Writing
2x DVD-RW Rewriting
12x DVD-Rom Reading
40x CD-R Writing
24x CD-RW ReWriting
40x CD-Rom Reading

I also says on the box that is has ABS for Absorbing shocks, Burn Proof to stop buffer underun and HD-Burn

I am using Nero Burning Rom v5.5.10.52 bundled.
I have tried both on DVD±RW and DVD-R and it has the problem stated before.

thanks for the response anyway

Have you tried burning at a slower speed than 8x or 4x? Also does the disc made work in the burner drive, but not others?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

When you burn with Nero you have to make sure you are finalising the session, otherwise it doesn't finish...check your settings and or use the Wizard.

You also might want to try another brand of media.

patio. :cool:

i think that all the discs i have written have been closed. it does the lead in and lead out then finalising disc and closing session i think.

For some reason on mine it will run thru all this and seem to do everything properly...i then found by trial and error that if i clicked the toolbar Burn icon and let it run again it would work...this only seems to happen on CD RW's, so give it a try. I'm sure it's a setting or preference i've overlooked.

patio. :cool:

hi guys thanks for the help and responses but it still doesn't work. any more ideas would be great...

My DVD Burner Doesn't work!

Hi Guys! I have Micro Advantage DVD Burner and when ever I try to burn any Files to CD or a DVD it doesn't work. The Disk Comes out when I try to burn anything. I have downloaded Cdburner XP. And I will see if it works. But does anyone knows why does this thing happens? Please help me on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back