DVD Viewing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandyandy2600

help me please!!!!

when i am trying to watch a DVD, no matter what DVD decoder i'm using , an error message pops up and says that "this program has caused errors and will be shut down". i've tried everything i know how to do (which isn't a whole lot), but i can't get it to work, if someone has any idea how to fix this please pm me.

thanx,
andrew

Have you tried formatting? I'd also try updating the firmware on your DVD drive.

When you say DVD Decoder, are you talking about a hardware DVD Decoder or a software decoder?

There's a good possibility your DVD drive or your video drivers are to blame for this behavior if the answer is software.

i'm talking about the software decoder. i have an xfx geforce 5700 LE that i've updated and a TDK DVD-RW that didn't come with a decoder program so i've tried tons of them out, but they just don't work. should i try just getting a new DVD drive??

Rick's suggestion of Video drivers is a good one- I've seen problems before due to it. They can be quite random in nature too- that is no pattern of faulting DLLs etc come from running the programs.

What programs have you tried for DVD viewing? When it says that an error has occurred, have you clicked "Details" and seen what it says? If so- is there a pattern to what file, error number/address, etc that is in these details?

Also, what operating system do you use? That would help us greatly in pointing you in a possible direction.

BTW- Welcome to Techspot!

Something else that might be a smart idea is to reinstall your DVD software.

i've tried: PowerDVD, DirectDVD, InterVideo, and Sonic DVD. i took all them off before i had a chance to check for patterns in the errors i'm going to download two of them tonight and check them out.

hi, i bought 2 dvds online and they were from America. the first couple of times i watched them they were fine, then after a while the first one went from colour to black and white and didn't change, then after i had played the first one, i put in the second one and it turned black and white aswell. i'm really annoyed about this because the second one was really expensive and i love it!, is there anyone who knows what has happened and how i can fix it please?? i really would like to know!!
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back