DVDRW drive recognizes EVERYTHING as Blank Discs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporks5000

Ignore the below post. It turns out that my new DVD drive was in conflict with my old DVD drive somehow. Uninstalling the old one from the system resulted in the new one to functioning just fine.

Thanks for all the help.

For some reason, my brand new http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=159&Itemid=67 is recognizing everything I put in it (DVD movies, DVD data, CD Audio, and CD Data, both pressed and burned) as a blank disc. I had the place where I purchased it look it over and they hypothesized that it might be viral related – things booted from the drive, so the problems were only occurring in Windows (XP, SP2) and My other DVD drive was reading everything just fine. They had a few CD drives laying around, so they tried those in my machine, and they worked just fine as well.

I did a fresh install of Windows (I was planning to anyway – I had bought the DVD drive, hoping to use it to back up my data) and it’s coming up with the same problem. I’ve tried removing the drive and putting it back in. I’ve tried searching for updated drivers.

Is there anything anyone can recommend that might help this? Is there a generic driver that someone could recommend that I might try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Does this mean that you cannot use the old one? I mean you shouldnt have to uninstall that for it to function properly.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back