Dvdrw not accessable

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppychu

ok so heres my problem...i just built up a new machine last night.... unfortunatley my xp disc is cracked so i tried with win 98 even tho the motherboard doesnt support it...my last mobo didnt either but it worked fine (same make mobo)....the dvdrw picked up and installed win 98 but once windows was running theres no sign of the dvdrw so i cant install any of the drivers, it doesn't show up in device manager...

i dont know an awful lot about computer building to be honest, alwasy been lucky with it so far i guess, i originally had it set on primary ide with the jumper on cs, but i've tried every combination i can think of, the hard drive is conected to SATA1 which i discoverd isnt supported by 98 so i tried my old hard drive as master and dvd as slave on same ide cable and still problem is the same, seems to me its all conflicting but i dont know where to start to fix it, if theres any more info i need to give plz let me know, hope some can help, its probably something simple, like getting a new xp disc:p

you are gonna need to get a xp disc its the only way as rik stated. if you got any friends im sure one of them has a xp disc and just use your serial number and their disc and youll be fine or you can download one from the web like bittorrent.

yeah thought as much. guess i was grasping at straws hoping there would be something else coxz everyone i know has preinstalled xp and i jsut couldt get hold of a disk but i'll try a torrent, is it esay to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back