DVDs only play if less than 20 mins ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Can any one help with this prob??

When I burn a DVD film ,Its burns ok and plays on the PC.
But when I play it on any of the 3 DVD players I have ,I get a region error message.
I have hacked the philips DVD to make it multiregion.But still won`t play.
If the DVD movie is 20 mins or less in length then it will play on all of my 3 DVD players.Regardless of the media used!
Brning with Nero 6 and Sonic has same effect.
Burning at slower speeds has had no effect.

EMPEREX DVD writer

DVDRW IDE 16X
Type : DVD-R/RW Combo Drive
Firmware Version : A07R

VCDs burn & work fine.Old DVDs previously burnt play ok.
Have tried all makes & types of Media -R,+R,-RW no difference all work at 20 mins but will not play anything over that lenght as a DVD.VCD will play upto the total lenght of film on it!

This is driving me nuts............Have asked Nero & Live update for help but they seam lost.....?????????????/ AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please help

Cheers

karate said:
Hi
When I burn a DVD film ,Its burns ok and plays on the PC.
Are you encoding video to DVD format from something else, or burning copies of actual DVD discs?

Also, which DVD player application are you using? Some (like VLC) are less restrictive than others, so the movie might appear to be fine when it's not.

If the DVD movie is 20 mins or less in length then it will play on all of my 3 DVD players.
Interesting... it sounds like the drive has problems burning over 1 GB of video reliably. Have you checked if there's a firmware update for the drive?

Or it could be that the DVD authoring application creates incorrect data, using encryption or region codes in different .VOB files.

Old DVDs previously burnt play ok.
Burnt with the same drive?

20 min DVD

Thanks for you reply m8

I am burning downloaded AVI movies mostly.And use the Nero soft ware to transcond to DVD format.
I have used Tmpeg 3 to convert to Mpeg2 first then burnt but this made no difference.

I am using the lasted firmware for the drive.(Firmware Version : A07R)
It has made no difference.

The burnt DVD play good on the PC DVDRW IDE 16X which they are burnt on.

I have a Toshiba,Yamaha,& Philips D520 DVD players.The 20 min length DVD will play on them all ok.
But if the play time is over 20 mins then I get Region error message.
It is the same for all the types and makes of media I have used and if I burn at 8X or 2 X.

I am Using Nero 6 Ultra and Sonic My DVD to burn its the same with both applications.

The old DVDs were burnt using Sonic my DVD software on a Liteon DVD writer
That write failed so I changed to this one and have had probs ever since.

I bought the Philips D520 player as it is one of the best for playing home burnt DVDs on various media.

Hope this helps

Cheers

check burner is if it is overheating
this could warp disc
so first bit plays rest goes down the drain

some burners are noted for this issue
I don't buy philps anymore ? all low end stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back