DVI not working for nVidia 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFox

Hello all, this is my first post and I hope someone here can help me. I am beating my head against the wall on this one.

I've recently purchased 2 Viewsonic VX922 19" LCD for use at home. When I installed the monitor on my wife's computer, a Dell, with an ATI x300 PCI x16, I simply plugged in the DVI cable and everything went on without a hitch.

However, when I installed on my custom build, with nVidia FX 5700, Intel 865GBF mobo, the DVI won't work at startup.

The POST screen comes up, but then everything goes blank. This happens only if the DVI cable is plugged in. All drivers are updated on my computer.
Checked the monitor on my wife's computer and it boots to DVI with no problem.

Things I've tried:(all failed)
1: Selected "Digital" on monitor then reboot with DVI cable.
2: Changed primary monitor to the DVI and then reboot with only DVI cable.
3: Boot only with DVI cable.
4: Boot only with VGA cable, Uninstalled drivers, then removed VGA cable and reboot with DVI.
5: Boot with both DVI and VGA.
6: Boot to VGA, switch to DVI and make primary, uninstall drivers, removed every trace of drivers with Crap Cleaner, searched and deleted all other references to drivers missed/ignored by Crap Cleaner, removed nVidia 5700 card, rebooted VGA to on board Intel Extreme Graphics, shut down, reinstalled 5700 video card, reboot with DVI cable.

I figured if number 6 failed, then I need some reall help. I've searched a few forums and found that there a few issues with this same problem and I've found no fixes yet.

Oh, one last thing I should point out. The DVI does work, but only at POST or after starting Windows and swithing to it manualy by plugging in the DVI cable and changing the monitor settings.

I've narrowed the problem down to the video card, but is it that the video card is incompatible with the monitor or the other way around?

Mrfox, Have You Cured Your Nvidia Issue, I Have An Nvidia 7300gt That Wont Recognize My Viewsonic Vx922 With A Pro Mac Dual Processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back