E-Machines T-4170 Startup help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemgt

When I turn on my computer and monitor, my monitor says "no signal". I hooked up my monitor to another computer and it worked perfectly fine. The computer is an E-Machines T-4170. I have had my Uncle take a look at it and he said that it was most likely the motherboard. He replaced the hard drive, and all video cards. So that is most likely not the problem.

I am to understand that I am not the only one who has encountered this problem. I have read other topics on how to solve this problem, but I don't really know what I am doing. Money is tight, so I can't take it somewhere or ship it out.

Thanks in advance for help.

I tried a different power supply and that didn't. I also cleared CMOS, and still nothing.

I think I need a new Motherboard.

T4170 multiple problems or just one?

I have a T4170 and also lost the signal to the monitor. But first I got the issue where I couldn't boot all the way and assumed it was my hard disk. I replaced the hard disk and when I tried to use the restore disk I lost the monitor. In working this issue I killed the mother board, or maybe it was the problem all along.

Luckily I found a rebuilt of the exact same mother board so my restore disk should work. Now I get the wonderful ghost err (application 437) that I've read about in other postings, tride changing the time stamp in bios but that didn't do it. I'm looking for a copy of the XP operating system or I may try to dig out some old Windows 98 disk before I give up on this one. If anyone has found anything that works I'ld appreciate the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back