Earthlights...

There do seem to be a lot of lights on all over the world, which considering time differences makes me a little sceptical....
Still a cool picture and I think I will have it as a wall paper for a while ;)

Nice find cabrone, its now my desktop!

haha to all of you who are reading too far into this picture. ehm ARRIS lol

Originally posted by Arris
There do seem to be a lot of lights on all over the world, which considering time differences makes me a little sceptical....

If that made you skeptical, how about the realization that the entire earth is having night time at once? :)

The reason there are so many lights around the world at the same time and every place is having night is that the sattelite taking pictures was probably moving.. Or this is a composite of multiple sattelite pictures taken in theri respective time zones at night.

Personally (I usually don't say things like this), but this made me feel good to see. The entire summation of humanity's infestation on this planet looks very beautiful and humblinging in a way.

Originally posted by Rick
The entire summation of humanity's infestation on this planet looks very beautiful and humblinging in a way.

Infestation.... Yeah, that's probably the key word.

I think when I originally got it, I read that it was a composite. And yes Arris, it is for real. I imagine in 500 years, if humanity is still "thriving", the whole world will be covered in them...

Rick's right about the infestation...Humanity is a disease. And, once we find another planet that's habital, the same exact thing will happen.

well im glad i could bring so much thought to this picture. I liked it cuz i keep things simple, cuz im a simple guy, i just liked the pretty lights

Never thought I'd say it, but you people sure are negative! Even more so than me! hehe. At least when it comes to the whole of humanity anway...

Speaking of which, I don't think we'll be around 500 years Vehementi. If overpopulation/nature doens't kill us, then our own creations will.

Keep in mind the population rises exponetially, and so does stupitdy.

Who cares if its real or not if it looks cool? Its only a picture, which in this case is probably not meant to mean anything other than looking cool.

In my picture of Lisa Lipps, her chest is definately not real. If you thought it was real, you would have to be getting out more.... But it doesn't stop it from being a good picture ;)

Yeah... I realised that the picture couldn't be taken all at the same time after I posted that. In fairness to my own stupidity I did have it as a "centered" desktop background so I only saw a section of the globe and thats why I was confused as to why several areas of that smaller section but which were still in different timezones were lit up. But I was still dumb :( ;)

Originally posted by Rick

Speaking of which, I don't think we'll be around 500 years Vehementi. If overpopulation/nature doens't kill us, then our own creations will.

Nature will not kill us. You think humanity won't go down with a fight? No, come 500 years, we'll have infested 5 or even 10 more planets. And ship resources to the people still living on Earth, and by doing that destroy those planets as well. Nothing can stop us! We are the disease of the universe. Shameless too!

Humans infesting a planet like termites infesting a house?

Some of you have read WAY TOO INTO the movie The Matrix.

Back