Ebay bargains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vega

I've always purchased the more expensive components of the computers I build - i.e gfx cards,processors etc via trusted retailers - obviously not as cheap as buying secondhand or at auctions but I tend to come away with peace of mind knowing that the item is new and includes a one year warranty.
However, on checking ebay recently, have come across a number of what appear to be, stunnung bargains, particularly in the more expensive gfx cards from nvidia and ati, can anyone here claim to have come away from ebay with a steal or is cheap purchases just an urban legend?

There are enough established dealers on Ebay, where you really get bargains. Stay away from people who have only a short time at Ebay. Look at the references, and check if the same "buyer" keeps cropping up in someone's refs. If so, it is most likely a friend who has been jacking up that guy's/girl's score.
I have bought 2 mobos, 2 CPU's, a cdrw, a KVM and numerous other items, all well under the list-price. Never got burnt with anything. I use my brother-in-laws address for items bought in the USA, he then sends them on to me. Also I have been with PayPal for 4 years, and they make it a lot easier to trade.

personally I would never buy computer hardware off ebay..It's nearly impossible to get good deals..too many people. Go to somewhere like www.pricewatch.com if you want to find the best deals on everything. CPU's and such are always overpriced on ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back