ECS K7S5A mobo with nVidia FX 5200 slow??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I get only 5238 3DMarks 2001SE with my system. Is this normal??? The comparisons show me BELOW a GF4 MX 440. Also, would it improve if I had a 8X AGP capable mobo? (I´ve heard not).

Here´s my specs:

System Configuration
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9.0

Mobo Manufacturer ECS

Mobo Model K7S5A

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x / 1x 2x 4x

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1662 MHz

FSB 66 MHz (I heard 3DMarks missreports this on K7S5A)

Memory 512 MB (DDR)

Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Driver Version 6.14.10.4523

Video Memory 128 MB

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE

Resolution 1024x768 32bit

Texture Format Compressed

FSAA Disabled

Z-Buffer Depth 24bit

Frame Buffer Double

Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

Thanks in advance, guys!

from as far as i know AGP 8x would increase performance because AGP 8x has a higher bandwidth than 4x. with 8x the bandwidth is 2.1 GB/s.

It seems just a bit low to me, but I haven't really kept up with normal scores for different hardware for some time. Also, I seriously doubt 8X AGP will do ANY good. Once you get to the point where you're passing textures via AGP you're already in trouble.

I used to use the K7S5A myself. Getting a board with 8XAGP capabilty's will increase your performance IMMENSELY. I do recommend it. I upgraded to the Asus A7N8X and ran at 8X and performance skyrocketed.

The same way AGP 4x had a minor advantage over AGP 2x when it first came out, running a card on AGP 8x will show no major improvement over 4x ( at least for now ).

The differences that might show up will be well within error margins.

have you installed the SiS AGP Art driver for your board ? Check to see if you haven't got VSync enabled or maybe Anisotropic Filtering.

Its your videocard effecting your score. The 5200 is a very poor card.

Also what kind of DDR RAM do you have?

The 5200 is esentially a Ti4200 with DX9 support...which wouldn't help in 2K1 (or really 2K3). But you should be getting 10k, I get that stock with my Ti4200. And your 5200 has 128MB memory, and my card has 64. There is something screwing up along the line there.

The 5200 is much slower then a 4200, even with the extra memory.

You should probably get a score a bit below 10K but 5K is way too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back