ECS PT800CE-A Mobo - Random BSOD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been a big issue with alot of owners of this motherboard, but i haven't seen any fixes for this yet. Every now and again (about every 30 minutes to an hour) i get the BSOD with a STOP 0x0000007F error. From what i understand its from generic memory, at least thats what i've gathered from other users of this mobo. I have 1GB of Omnitechnologies Hyperformance PC3200 DDR400 and of course the ECS PT800CE-A Mobo.

Also the processor is a Pentium 4 2.0GHz. I sure hope you guys can help me out, i really don't want to buy another mobo (just bought and installed this one) thanx in advance!!!

P.S. - Also i have replaced this ram for a third time. So its not a matter of faulty RAM. Also ran extensive stress tests on it... just figured that would narrow down the possible problems.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Here are the recommended ram types for your mobo.

Table A: DDR (memory module) QVL (Qualified Vendor List)
The following DDR400 memory modules have been tested and qualified for use with this
motherboard.
Size Vendor Module Name
256MB GEIL GE08L3264D1WL5NKT3H71
Apacer AM3A568ACT-5A
Samsung K4H560838E-TCCC
Soutec M2G9108AKAS09F083S9DT

512MB GEIL GE16L6464D2WL5NKT3H66
Kingston SAMSUNG K4H560838D-TCC4
Kingmax KDL388P4EA-50
HYNIX HY5DU56822BT-D43

Maybe the ram you are using is incompatible with this mobo.

Normally a bugcheck of 7F is caused by hardware failure, notably ram.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yeah, from what i've gathered this mobo is pretty much garbage and isn't compatible with hardly any RAM. As cheap as the mobo was, i'll most likely replace it with something a little higher on the list, maybe asus or gigabyte. Would be cheaper than replacing the RAM. plus it worked perfect on the mobo before this one. Thanx for the quick response, any questions i ever have in the future, this is where i'll be :) Thanx Again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back