Editing a PDF form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all

I got sent a new version of my companies expense claim form, the last was in a word format, the new one is in a PDF document.

On the top are about 6 sections such as name, department, etc etc, when I print them off I have to fill these in manually with a pen, is there any way to edit the form so that when its printed it has the fields prefilled with the details.

Regards

Depends on the document itself and on your PDF application. The PDF documents can contain fillable forms and JavaScript, among other things, but not all readers can make use of them (or the features might be disabled in the settings).

Hi Mic

I have adobe reader v5 and thats it, can I email the form to you so you can see what it is, its nowt private just a company expense form.

Regards

to edit PDFs, you need to have the FULL version of Adobe, which is a professional program. Readers only allow you to look at the text or fill in forms.

There are many programs that allow creation of PDFs from other sources. OpenOffice is one of them. There also also converters DOC to PDF for example, but to edit PDF in PDF format, you need Adobe professional itself.

Cheers Tedster for the reply, I dont intend downloading the full version of adobe just because im to lazy to pick up a pen,

Cheers

The full version of adobe costs several hundred dollars. I don't think there is a downloadable bought version of it. I got my copy through my work under a government license.

Actually, if they expected you to be able to fill it out on the computer they created it wrong. There are documents I have to fill out occationally at work and they allow me to enter in data in fields, I just can't save, but I can print.

You can do that with a modern version of Acrobat Reader, provided the creater of the PDF correctly created it.

Ah I see, well I cant see the company boys recreating it coz im to lazy to fill a few fields in, so like I said its out with the pen, ahh what happened to the paperless office..?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back