Editing Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

I was playing with my new Hauppage PVR-250 card and recorded a show on the History Channel for my sister. My goal was to put it on a dvd for her, but I don't want the commercials. I recorded it in dvd-extra long format with the WinTV program. So its in mpeg2 format.

I opened it up in VirtualDubMod and was able to remove all the commercials, but now its just sitting there, because I don't think I can just save it as is. I think it has to be saved to some other format, and then I'd have to convert it over to mpeg2 again, and that sounds like more trouble than its worth.

What is a good program to do this type of work in? I work for a university and I'm pretty sure that I'd have access to comps that would have most any software, so thats not a problem.

There has to be a program out there that is simple to use and that can deal naitively in mpeg2.

Don't suggest I just do it in mpeg1 and make it a vcd, thats not what I want to do here, I want to record as mpeg2 and keep it that way and then put it on a dvd, minus the commercials.

Thanks Mict, once my DSL comes back to life (regional outage) I'll download it and give it a shot. Appears I have a time limited trial on it, but it should be fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back