Eek, need help. Take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil-Within

Well, my computer has been acting up recently. Slowness running and loading things, SLOWLY CLOSING THINGS. Freezing up every now and then (not to where I need to turn off computer but for short amounts of times.) Someone trying to connect to my computer, but firewall is blocking it. Just normal ways of it acting up.

Well, I would scan AVG Anti-Spyware, but I can no longer use it, I don't want to pay for it, sorry.

I've scanned with AVG Anti-Virus, it came up clean; I did run Hijack This though. The file is below.

Please don't give me that Malware list thingy, It is so confusing. Just tell me what is wrong via HiJack This, I am totally confused, my comp seems to be clean. I did run with Ad-Aware SE Personal, it came up with about 20 things, but it ALWAYS does.

If someone could give me a code for AVG Anti-Spyware to use that would be nice as well, but I dunno if yall could do that, I don't want any trouble with the law.

If the file doesn't show up, please let me know and help me with getting it up.

Your HJT log is clean.

When the trial runs out, AVG Antispyware can still be used, you just lose one or two features, that`s all. I suggest you turn off the AVG Antispyware guard to reduce resource overheads.

Take a look at this thread HERE and see if it helps you to speed up your system.

Regards Howard :)

http://www.spyany.com/files/BAE_dll.html makes this comment:
BAE.dll is GoogleAFE (Browser Address Error Redirector) object which is a browser plugin that redirects browser error pages to vendor customized Google search pages, often found on Dell PCs. This is a non-essential program. It is recommended that you remove it from your system to boost up the performance of your IE browser.

this is totally unnecessary:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

if you play using an Admin Login (a bad idea!):
diabled in the Services from Administrative Tools and they are gone:
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
prismxl.sys is a process associated with PrismXL Software Family from New Boundary Technologies, Inc.. This software is used to distribute software to every computer in the entire organization. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back