Elderly guy needs instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewybo

OK, I've been reading this section of the forum for some time, and thought I was learning some things. NOT! First, I do not game (in the sense referred to in this place), however, a mobo change to ASUS P5P800 (no onboard video), caused me to buy an AGP card ATI Radeon 9250- wait- I KNOW! But, for the time being, that's all I'm gonna have.

A previously purchased Audigy 2ZS came bundled with: Lara Croft: Angel of Darkness, and Rainbow six 3. I KNOW! But they are all I'm going to try, til I figure out if I even can do this at all. I know my system can handle anything this card can put out- P4 640 HT, 2x1024 PC3200 AData RAM, 500W steady PSU, decent 19" TFT. But I'm a mechanic-type.

I load Lara Croft, I enter the video setup, and.......... Gamma radiation! Aa! AF! SCRU me! Positron emissions! This screen has an alias! You need refreshment! Set me to 438.77651.204X11 and-a-half! What the hell is a Logitech Wingman, and can I trust him?

In other words, please, a primer on settings to get the most out of these two cheapo games, so I can decide if there might be gaming in my future.

Thanks, guys. :confused: :wave:

Si

spartanslayer said:
A logitech wingman is a sweet joystick (a device to play games with). Don't know about the rest!

Yah, I bought one to play Asteroids and stuff. Does THAT date me well enough? I bought the Atari Anniversary edition, and THAT is my gaming resume'. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back