emachine going wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
have an e machine W2646. Is there a way to add a wireless card someplace inside.(looking at guts in computer now and have no idea where it would go or what kind of card) Thanks...

ctodd70 said:
have an e machine W2646. Is there a way to add a wireless card someplace inside.(looking at guts in computer now and have no idea where it would go or what kind of card) Thanks...

Most likely there are little white slots on the motherboard, these are called PCI slots and take a PCI card, you can easily tell if they are PCI as only PCI cards will fit in them, ha ha.

I think if you are unsure that you should let an expert take a look at it, it may cost a couple of your currency to do this but at least you can feel safe that you wont screw it up accidentally,,

Regards

Thanks so much for your help

Thanks very much. I have located 2 empty PCI slots and now can order a PCI card. Do you thinK I need to get that from the e machine folKs? A special PCI card? What would you look in a PCI card to install to allow the pickinging up of the internet signal in my house? You really have saved me quite a lot of trouble with your asssitance and I really apreciate this. I would take my machine in to a tech person but I live in the remote section of Southwest Alaska and the cloest city is 400 miles away and no road system....only planes in and out so getting something repaired or fixed is nearly impossible. Thanks again!

CT

Any PCI wireless card should work. I would recommend ordering on, but do delivery services even come out there where you live? =P www.newegg.com

Thanks....yes we cab get things delivered....slow though. I am ordering it now. Thanks very much. What a hekpful place!

CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back