Emachine W3623

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnacemanjoe

I am looking for drivers to convert back to windows Xp pro.The chiptset is an Intell 945 GC. E machine doesn,t support Xp pro for this model. Thanks.

The drivers for WXP Home will work fine. You can also get online with www.driverguide.com for a scan that will obtain the drivers for you.
All, or nearly all, drivers for the Wal-Mart WXP Home W-3623, should be found and detected by Windows.
What driver(s) are you missing?
Give exact details, as there are horrendous problems with eMachines motherboards and power supply for that Wal-Mart eMachine model. You can install Windows XP Professional, and still have a motherboard that will never ever work.

That driver is embedded and should be supplied by Windows automatically. Since it did not, go to www.intel.com->Support and Downloads->Download Center->Top Downloads-> then click on #8 for Network Adapters. There is one driver set that works on all Intel Pro network adapters. It is called Pro2KXP. It does NOT work with VISTA. If you need a VISTA driver, look elsewhere on this Intel Site. Download the Pro2KXP driver to your computer or another computer, then be sure you know where it can be found. Then go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager-> then click on Network or Network Adapters. When given the opportunity, install the driver by telling the Device Manager the location to which you have downloaded it or placed it. It should then install automatically.
If it does not install, then the motherboard is bad. You will need to buy a PCI card network adapter... they range in price from $14 to $50. When you get ready to install a pci network card, you will need to disable or remove the current one found in the Device Manager.
In most cases the eMachine W-2623 motherboard is bad... if not yet, you have a better than 50% chance it will go bad. Depending on how old the computer is, you may be able to extend the warranty with Wal-mart, but that costs $127 and is nearly the cost of a new motherboard.
My best advice if this adapter doesn't work is to get another computer on your Christmas wish list.

That would be a good source if it worked all the time, but it does not. Too often the download just freezes during the install process. It does not like its own board.

You're right raybay,
The drivers are for Vista... Why anyone would put Vista on an eMachines in the first place is beyond me...

eMachine Audio Driver

Hey guys, does anyone out there know what kind of audio card is installed in the emachine W3623 system. Emachine tech support are *****s, if I could just find out what type of audio card is installed I could locate and download the XP drivers.

All I get from google is driver detective as a solution and that isn't an option for me so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

eMachine W3623 Audio Driver

Hey guys, does anyone out there know what kind of audio card is installed in the emachine W3623 system. Emachine tech support are *****s, if I could just find out what type of audio card is installed I could locate and download the XP drivers.

All I get from google is driver detective as a solution and that isn't an option for me so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

RealTek AC97 and Intel AC97 are two that are used... I don't know if there are more.
You might also try right clicking on the Controller in System or sound... often times you get the exact information you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back