eMachines T2596 no video display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all willing to help me out.
Recently, my computer's power supply died out and took the motherboard with it. Unfortunately I didn't see the warning posted here in time.
I replaced the power supply and found a cheap replacement motherboard kit type of thing on ebay that was compatible with my model. I plugged everything in and tried to boot it up, but when I press the power button I get nothing on the monitor. I hear the machine boot up like it normally would including the fans but yet nothing is on the monitor. The monitor just stays on the self test screen and shows nothing else.
I'll answer any questions I can about the system specs, motherboard, or anything.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Hi

You have a fail to POST issue, likely causes are faulty/incorrect memory, CPU gone bad, Faulty IDE device or bad cable, Add on card shorting out or incompatible, or Board shorting out to earth through a badly placed locating peg, or worse case is the new motherboard is faulty, usually though if its a faulty part you should get beeps from the onboard speaker (assuming its fitted) these can be used to indicate what is faulty.

To start though I would remove all items from the board so you have just the video card (is it compatible with the board) and one stick of memory,( check the specs of the memory and ensure it is compatible with the board in regards to brand,speed and size.) NO IDE devices and then see if it boots.

Last time I saw this it was the board, another time it was the CPU, and another it was a video card incompatibility on the AGP speed.

These kind of faults can be hard to pin down without the access to spare parts for test purpose.

I would suggest taking the PC to a local PC shop and have them check it out for you, unless you have a friend with a similar machine you can use to test the various components.
Regards

Whoa, that's a lot of things to check.
The video card is embedded into the motherboard, so I don't think it would be that, but I'll be sure to try all the things you suggested.
And if all else fails, I'll just take it a PC shop and see what they say and post it in here, that way incase any one else has the problem, than it would hopefully help.
Thanks

Well, It turned out the motherboard was bad, not really that surpised. Big whoop, so I returned it and got my money back just in the nick of time. So that made me happy.
Now I'm looking at Newegg to see what Motherboard I can get. So far the one I'm interested in is this one, would this work?
BIOSTAR TForce6100

And also I was just wondering now what else I would need besides the motherboard. Would I need to get a new CPU, and CPU fan along with it? Because looking at the pictures I dont think the fan and CPU doesnt seem like it would fit right. So any help or suggestions on which ones I should get would be great. Thanks.

rik said:
Do you want to use your original cpu? If so, what is it?

I don't think I'll use my original cpu. I might give it to one of my friends who needs a spare, and if not I could use somewhere in the future. It's a Intel® Celeron® 2.50GHz Processor (28KB L2 cache & 400MHz FS). I wouldnt mind just getting a new one though along with the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back