Emachines T4480: Bios guardian boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I own a Emachines T4480 and have just replace the power supply with a Forton 400watts. After I install it, the computer works perfect except when I turn on the computer. I'd always get the Bios Guardian disable screen. Anyone know how to get rid of this? I have the Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG and the motherboard is system own motherboard (not sure what it is). I read somewhere that updating the BIOS for Emachines can mess up the motherboard or something. Please help. Thanks

Edit: It says this: BIOS Guardian (R) enabled you will need to disable BIOS GUARDIAN to update BIOS.

Hi

From this site here

"BIOS Guardian is enabled by default. The BIOS Guardian protects the system from computer viruses, acting as a fire-wall against virues that can attack the BIOS while the system is running. Consequently, users must disable the BIOS Guardian before reflashing the BIOS or making changes to it.. Please reboot the system and holding the "DEL" key prior to power on until you enter CMOS setup screen , go to Advanced BIOS Features and select BIOS Guardian option to disable or enable. After successfully updating the new BIOS, I recommend to enabling BIOS Guardian for added virus protection. "

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back