end program

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

the end program disclaimer (notification) pops up when I shut down Windows and system i get this program is not responding and the end now option or cancel. any thoughts i have Windows 2002 service pack 2 .

That means their is a process running that is not allowing itself to be closed.

What process does the dialogue reference ?

Common culprits : Anti Virus (Norton/Symantec), and Spyware.

Take a note of what is running in the Task Manager.

As evil fantasy nearly said,go into msconfig start up and uncheck

everything except the Firewall,the restart,then try shutting down.

37 running when I shut down and had problem i see that Rtvscan is running theis is Norton isn't it when I shut down just now evrything was firn althought it takes foreever to get into Ie after start up but once in evrything seems to move firne thoughts ? SHould I do a adaware or spybot syestem is on a server!!!

That is indeed Norton !

Download AVG, and Zone Alarm or Comodo or Kerio firewall.

Download the Norton Removal Tool

Disconnect from the net.Run the removal tool.

Install AVG,and whichever firewall you chose.

i have program version 10.0.2.200 and Parent server lwutil after downloading and reboot do you recommend Avg plus one firewall? while we are on the sunbject do you know why my cursor is aways falshing as if it is on speed ort has a nervous disorder? Thanks for evrything oh one more thisng this desk top is on a server and the Symantec was on here when I got this PC!

AVG and Comodo work fine for me.
Cursor flashing means somethings wrong :haha:
Check the task manager and see what is using most cpu

just click end now, but you can go to your run option in the start menu (or press the windows button + R on you keyboard), the run window will open and now type msconfig, another window will then pop up with some tabs at the top of the window, then clcik on the startup tab and turn off and programs that you do not want running in the background when your computer is on, e.g. i turn off Quicktime, Itunes, PowerDVD and things like roxio, just turn off programs that are not important,
REMEMBER though do not turn off more important stuff like you internet protection or any system tools, if your not sure if you should turn it off or not then DONT
hope this works for you

it's normal for system idle processes to use up the most cpu, this is possible good because it means that there isn't one thing using up a massive amount of your cpu, however, what is using the most resources after idle processes?

Just added Avg Free edition that is using up most after syestem. As advised I added AVG and Comodo the only thing I don't like is the constant queery on Comodo and the discalimer when sending in outlook e mails how do you
remove. OH have removed Norton.

Just go into the 'Application Monitor' in Comodo and allow Outlook (ms something.exe).

You can also do that by checking the 'remember my decision' box in the popup box.

Also,go into 'Advanced/Miscellaneous and uncheck 'automatically check Comodo certified program updates'
Otherwise it spends all it`s time looking for updates to other programs.

And another thing,:D look in the 'Application Behaviour Analysis' section and decide how much
you really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back