Episode II Trailer

Whack0

Wow... I don't know about you, but I'm totally blown away by the visuals... It looks like there's more cg's and more action... It also looks like it has more light sabre battles... It's totally worth the time of download. It's a must see for everyone. Thanks for the link, Julio!

Check it out! (Link from front page)

You must join with me Anakin, together we can defeat the Sith....

"You don't need guidance Anakin, I see you are already becomming the greatest of all Jedi" - Palpatine.

Whoa....

I just finished watching that 3 times in a row!

I think I want to marry it. ;)

I see the beginnings of Storm Troopers, Star Destroyers and more!

Not to mention there are some pretty impressive looking battles.....

Even if I get a (cough, cough) "copy" of this, I think I want to see it in the cinema for the first time. Without a doubt.

I am sure that it will be seen my our American brothers first, in which case I would kindly ask you not to give anything away unless asked....

Oh, man.... Its gonna take me all day to get over that!

Just finished d/lding and watched like the first 20 secs of it. So far it seem pretty cool. I'll see how it goes when I see it in full tomorrow at work :D

I'll say one thing.... It looks thousands of times better than The Phantom menace, well apart from Ewen Macgregor's beard :D

Originally posted by Arris
I'll say one thing.... It looks thousands of times better than The Phantom menace, well apart from Ewen Macgregor's beard :D

Heheh... He has to somehow make the transition to become old :D

Like I said in the news post, I had heard both good and bad things about the trailer... but I definitely fall in the "amazing" category, really it's the best trailer released so far IMO. Some people say Lucas was afraid people would think everything was about the love story because of the previously released trailer, the new one in the other hand is filled with action and battles... great effects btw.

I think I'll fall into the indifferent category.
It "looks" good, though most of the lines felt a bit corny. Guess the script review got more going more than this did ;)
Hmm, maybe it was the pacing or something. I preferred the earlier trailer given the music was far better suited.
Nothing'll beat that Spiderman trailer though.

BTW - Few other things - it "felt" like parts of the trailer/film are taken from the first 3. Hard to explain totally I guess but but just seems they were lifted from 1 of the other 3.
Obi-Wan does give more than a passing resemblence to Will Riker though. Its going to be wierd watching this one.

Finally watched it. Definitely a LOT more action than the previous one. So much for a "love" centric episode with all the action. Either that or they omitted those scenes in this trailer...

Man I agree, and thanks for the link to download except that I could never get in. I actually got it from Star Wars.com on the first try !! It does look way cool and I heard it is the first film shot all digital.

And man the people, Samual L. Jackson as a jedi is just plain (plane) cool. I heard an interview with him once at Phantom Menece time and he said he didn't care if he got paid, he just wanted a part.

Looks great, can't wait til May. Will have to go to the midnight showing of that.

Ohh and BTW, Mandalorians RULE....

Originally posted by boeingfixer

And man the people, Samual L. Jackson as a jedi is just plain (plane) cool. I heard an interview with him once at Phantom Menece time and he said he didn't care if he got paid, he just wanted a part.

Yup... Samuel Jackson is a great actor and seems to be a big Jedi fan, too. Actually is one of the actors that fall in the category that I get to admire because of his acting skills.

I have to say that I was very impressed by the quality of the trailer that I downloaded. This movie looks better than Episode I in my opinion.

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
Yup... Samuel Jackson is a great actor and seems to be a big Jedi fan, too. Actually is one of the actors that fall in the category that I get to admire because of his acting skills.

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie The Negotiator. Awesome acting and action both from Samuel and Kevin.

You know its funny how Lucas is. If you go back to the original Star Wars, even American Graffiti, Lucas always uses unknowns. Look at the people in those two movies who are now famous. It is refreshing that Samual is in there though. I read that 'N Sinc is in there too for about a second before they are obliterated. Thank you George Lucas :)

N Sync

Supposedly they were meant to be in it briefly but the rumour goes that a huge petition by Star Wars fans was put together to get N Sync cut, and they got their wish. Guess we will have to wait and see....

Originally posted by Ai Hate

yes... just think... the guy who played Hans Solo (his name is...sth) was just a carpenter in the crew!

You are joking about not remembering Harrison Ford's name? :confused:

Originally posted by Ai Hate

yes... just think... the guy who played Hans Solo (his name is...sth) was just a carpenter in the crew!
Naa, that's just some lie that's been going around.
Harrison Ford had done several TV/Films before Star Wars. I know one was a war film, the other american graffiti. I forget the others.
I'd also like to point how how awfully boring American Graffiti was ;)
I dunno, maybe episode 2 will be good. If the acting was good I'd like the films. This probably explains why I'll always prefer Lord of the rings to any star wars film. I can watch it without thinking, god those lines/actors are terrible. Why did they agree to do it. Does George lucas set out to have them act so badly?

Every Star Wars films has the following basic plot. Hop around a few planets with some short small fights/chases. Followed by a massive battle at the end which will involve a rag tag bunch of - carebares (sorry, ewoks)/gungans/rebels...., plus several individuals against near impossible odds. To end the battle there will be several large explosions, e.g. Death Star exploding, followed by some reward ceremony.
This means the Empire strikes back is the most innovative star wars film as the major battle took place near the start of the film.
Another gripe is no-one really dies. The ONLY real "good" guy to die is Liam Neeson. Yoda dies naturally & Obi-Wan vanishes.
I'm a bit anxious to see how episode 3 will be handled because, gulp, that would mean lucas would have to have the good guys getting killed off. I'm not so hopeful it'll even be shown to be honest. As was said in Star Wars to Obi-Wan "you helped my father during the clone wars".
That would indicate to me that episode 2 is just 1 battle. & its safe to say that a large scale battle is not a war.
I'd honestly say lucas will go into episode 3 & the clone wars'll finish about halfway through the film, towards the end I'd "guess" obi-wan'll cripple anakin. Then the film'll end seeing anakin put into his new body & perhaps a prologue saying the jedi were hunted down by mandalorians ;)

Hey 3DSThomas,

I have to disagree with you. i really enjoyed American Graf., Lucas filmed it in like 32 days which was unthinkable then.

Originally posted by 3DSThomas

Naa, that's just some lie that's been going around.
Harrison Ford had done several TV/Films before Star Wars. I know one was a war film, the other american graffiti. I forget the others.
I'd also like to point how how awfully boring American Graffiti was ;)

One movie Harrison Ford was in was Apocalype Now. He has a very small part but he is there and speaks.

Another point, and I will prolly talk heat for this is I have to on several occations remember that Star Wars was and is made for a young age level. I have liked all the episodes so far.

Lucas made alot of changes to the Sci-Fi world with Star Wars. But mabee this isn't the place to talk about them.

Hey 3DSThomas,

I have to disagree with you. i really enjoyed American Graf., Lucas filmed it in like 32 days which was unthinkable then.
Yeah apocalypse now, that too. I forget the other war film. Was about blowing up some dam anyway.
One of my friends said american graffiti was great which is why we watched it. Though we disliked Ferris Buellers day off too. Must be an age thing.

Yeah apocalypse now, that too. I forget the other war film. Was about blowing up some dam anyway.
One of my friends said american graffiti was great which is why we watched it. Though we disliked Ferris Buellers day off too. Must be an age thing.

Hey 3dSThomas,

It was Force 10 from Navarone, however I just checked on imdb.com and Force 10 was AFTER Star Wars. And I didn't know that Apocalype was released AFTER Star Wars too. At least according to imdb.com, here is what they said, " discouraged, he turned to a career in professional carpentry. He came back big four years later, however, as Bob Falfa in American Graffiti (1973)."

Hey 3dSThomas,

It was Force 10 from Navarone, however I just checked on imdb.com and Force 10 was AFTER Star Wars. And I didn't know that Apocalype was released AFTER Star Wars too. At least according to imdb.com, here is what they said, " discouraged, he turned to a career in professional carpentry. He came back big four years later, however, as Bob Falfa in American Graffiti (1973)."
I'm sure he did some other stuff to before that. Musta been TV shows, ah well, good to know he was a carpenter at one point still though ;)

I'm sure he did some other stuff to before that. Musta been TV shows, ah well, good to know he was a carpenter at one point still though ;)

3DS Thomas,

If you go to www.imdb.com you can look up his stuff. And since your location says Ireland, PLEASE PLEASE have a Guinness for me, if you don't have to work in the morning, have 3.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Arris

Heh. Lucasfilm just wanted him to look older, like 20 years older, but since he's only 2 years older they gave him a beard...

Yes, it was a very good trailer. Spiderman really kicked bootie though.

What I didn't like was the lack of any footage of the actual army of clones. I mean I might have but I didn't notice.

How many of you (in America) watched it Sunday night on Fox?

Back