epson scan driver installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradman666

Hi, I have long running driver installation problems in vista home premium. My latest issue is with epson scan. I have the right version and have spoken at length with epson. The installation programme does not install the driver. When I point vista to the folder with the driver it doesn't install it saying it cannot find the specified driver. I have had problems with usb drives as well. I have tried under the admin account. Can I reinstall vista without losing all my apps? Or is there something else I should try?
Thanks in advance, Matt.

epson

Hi, I have the R300 too which works fine. The problem I have is with the dx3850 which is a "multi function" device. The printing side is fine but the scanning side is not. Whatever I do I can't get the scan driver to load. Also when I hit the epson scan application it will not run. I have loaded it all on an XP machine and all is well. I am hoping that when the vista service pack comes out things might be sorted. In the meantime if any one has any ideas...
Matt.

vista drivers for epson scan

James, unfortunately this is one of the products for which they have produced Vista drivers which I downloaded but do not work (for me).
Matt.

epson scan not loading in vista

hi i read your posts about probs with epson scan in vista and multi-funtion devices (printer fine scanner not) - i too have this problem with my epson rx685. epson scan fires up in XP fine. i have a problem report which hopefully has been sent to microsoft =[ .

Product
Driver software installation
Problem
Could not install driver software for device
Date
20/10/2008 09:15
Status
Reported
Description

Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your EPSON Scanner

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
Architecture: x86
Win32 error: 00000002
Inf name: es84.inf
Driver Package hash: d936fa242b381b4e30a93a8bcb24ac3ba69a345a
DDInstall section name: USB.ES84XP
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem

DMI535E.tmp.log.xml
oem26.inf

the problem report gives the option to view the drivers that didnt load (in temp folder) with an error log. epson started off with loads of suggestions and ran out of options so they fobbed me off saying it works fine for them in vista. call me deluded but im still holding out hope of being able find a way of loading the drivers.

Climbing the slime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back