Error 1311 Office1.CAB not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all this is my first time posting on here. I have a little computer knowledge but only enough to do all my work on it.
My computer was running a little slowly so I removed a few unused programs, ran disk cleanup and defragged the hard drive.
Now when I try to open Excel (all other programs appear to be fine) I get the Error Message
"Error 1311. Source file not found: C:\Documents and setting \ Jonothan\ My documents\ Kate\ OFFICE1.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

As i defragged the hard drive my norton go back will not allow me to go back. I don't understand why an office file would be in my documents in the first place. I also don't know if we have the office disks anymore.
I have searched on this subject but couldn't find anything really. Any help anyone could offer would be gratefully received. Many thanks

Chances are that you've had a setting in your user profile get corrupt or go missing. Disk cleanup may have done this. Unfortunately, to fix this error, you will need the installation media one way or another.

If you look under my documents\Kate, do you see the install files (I woudln't know why..) If not, can you find the CD? If you do find the CD, we can help you tell office where to look to find the needed files.

Also, just in case, can you run a full scandisk? Probably will be fine, but corruption there can explain lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back