error box on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same sort of problems on a machine I am trying to sort out.
I havce read your postings and copied a new themeiu.dll into system32 but this makes no difference. I have run hijack this and this is the log.

any help would be appreciated - however I will not be seeing the machine again now for another week.

thanks in advance.

ladyrockstar

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own tread. This will save any confusion.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

MyWaySA
SrchAsDe

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\deSrcAs.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\MyWaySA

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

What exactly are the problems you`re having? Please give as many details as possible.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ladyrockstar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your reply. I will try your suggestions on Thursday when I see the machine again.

with regards to the problems - it is just a grey box that appears at boot up - before any log in. mostly there are just a few random symbols in the top left of the box, the rest is just grey, but occasionally there is reference to a system32 file. however these references are not consistant - they can change each time you boot up.
the only way past the box is to click on ok. you cannot close it anyother way - not by alt-f4 not through task manager not by clicking on the close X I have no idea what this "ok" leads to although nothing untoward seems to happen.

Any further comments would be appreciated. I will try to maybe get a screen shot of it and post it later in the week if I can.

and apologies for the cut and past hijack this text - wont do it again!

thank you

A screen shot would be a great help. Once we have that, we`ll be in a better position to advise you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ladyrockstar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Howard,

I have followed your suggestions - but still haven't got rid of it

couldnt get a screen shot - so had to take a pic with phone - not very clear - but all the characters are just small squares.

I have attached another HJT log for you too.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks

Jo

Attachments

• IMAGE_00014.jpg
    IMAGE_00014.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi Howard
Please find attached new HJT log using new version.
Apologies for the delay in responding - but I was on holiday last week and only see this machine once a week - wont be back there now until Thurs
14th June.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards

Jo

Hi,

Your log looks clean. The screenshot looks very blur though, are you able to take a standard screenshot by pressing ctrl + Prt scr? The screenshot will be saved in your clipboard and you can paste in MS paint.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of ladyrockstar only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi

I can't do a normal screen shot because the error occurs before you log in - therefore clipboard is not active...
took the image with mobile phone - the characters are just a series of squares. best I can do I'm afraid - sorry. Any help would be appreciated

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back